Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oscar marathon #4

Just a quick update on my oscar marathon...

At the moment I'm really short of time for watching movies & blogging...and the Oscar's ceremony is tomorrow!

~ The Artist ~




I'm a huge fan of black & white and silent movies, so I just loved this one! I highly recommend it...It is nominated for 10 oscars - best motion picture of the year, best performance by an actor in a leading role, best performance by an actress in a supporting role, best original screenplay, best original score, best achievement in film editing, best achievement in directing, best achievement in costume design, best achievement in cinematography and best achievement in art direction. I really hope it gets, at least, best performance by an actor in a leading role and best performance by an actress in a supporting role...their job is absolutely amazing and inspiring! Plus, the soundtrack is lovely...Take a look at the trailer, here!


The Help ~


Another great movie, but, in my humble opinion, not an Oscar winning movie...For those, like me, who loved The Color Purple, this movie will make your day. Really good performances and smart script! Nominated for best motion picture of the year, best performance by an actress in a leading role and two times for best performance by an actress in a supporting role - Jessica Chastain & Octavia Spencer. Click here for the trailer.


Honestly, I think this year (actually, in the last years) we don't have any majestic movie on the run...remember Braveheart, The Silence Of The Lambs, Forest Gump? Not to mention the good old ones. What about Titanic? I was 11, fell in love with DiCaprio and cried my heart out - I know it's lame, but who didn't?...Since then, I've been waiting for another breath taking movie like that. 


♥ ♥ ♥ 


Now, changing subject...I've bought some really nice stuff from Benefit and will be blogging about that latter...Have a nice weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment